Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Old shot: Water drop

A while ago I tried catching images of crown of water drop.. by luck. Well it worked, but i had to capture many shots before i can actually get a good one. So i decided to build an electronic sensor to sense the water droplet and trigger my xti. The sensor worked pretty well, and I was able to capture nice shots. Oh, one more thing, a cool feature I had on the sensor was the flexibility to determine the amount of delay between the moment it detects water droplet, and the moment it triggers the camera. Someday i should build one for capturing bullet too.

Here's before the sensor, using luck. This is probably the best among the first 100 shots. I was using halogen for the lighting on this..



Here's after the sensor: i was actually able to capture different moments of the drop sequence.


(click for larger image)

No comments: